ouija board?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I'm wrong, what do I lose and what have you gained?

If I'm right, what do you lose and what have I gained?

if im right, and there is no god, ive lost nothing nor have i gained

if there is, the same... because he would have made me this way according

to people...

but its whatever...

Hugh,

The thing is with religions, not every one can be right, by their own teachings. It seems to me that many if not most mono-theistic religions present theirs as the "only true way", whether that way to be salvation, or everlasting life, etc. Obviously they can't all be right...but that doesn't mean they are all wrong, in all they do and are.

The God that I follow isn't a Christian God, per se. He doesn't want simple acceptance of his son as Lord and savior as the "free pass" to everlasting life, yet that is what most Christians are taught or at least take away from their faith. My God is one of good deeds, kindness, and love to ones neighbors. He is a God that values deeds and actions over words and thoughts. He is a God that wants us to see each other as brothers and sisters, and to recognize that we have more things that make us alike than the artificial, superficial things that we choose to seperate us. Religion, and religious ideologies, for me, seem to be some of the greatest things that seperate us more than bring us together, on average, and on whole, across this globe. My God doesn't want it that way. Therefore, my God is not merely, singularly, a Christian God.

If my God has a plan for me in the hereafter, then he has a plan for ALL OF US in the hearafter, and the acceptance criteria are probably more than I can imagine. So in the meantime, I'll do my very best here...

TJR

If there is a God, and you believe, that's good.

If there is no God, and you believe, no harm.

If there is a God, and you don't believe, then you are screwed...:grin:

Les,

I am a father. Sometimes my kids don't believe in me. Sometimes they don't do what I say. But I love them, and I accept them, unconditionally, and I will always be there for them. They will never be "screwed" because they are not in my good graces.

So, if that is my love for my children, isn't God's love for his children just as deep? Just as strong? Just as unconditional?

Just a thought...

TJR

I discovered a few years ago that I could really make overly-religious people squirm by suggesting that maybe the human species is an space alien kid's ant farm and we're just too stupid to realize it.

...and then the people who made the movie Men and Black sue you.

(If they do, a countersuit could be brought against them for the execrable MIB II)

So, if that is my love for my children, isn't God's love for his children just as deep? Just as strong? Just as unconditional?

Why are you asking this? The Bible itself is inundated with verses to this effect. Take a gander at one of the ubiquitous Bible Quote Calendars, and you'll find a bevy of them.

The love is unconditional alright, but it's tough love, and some would argue that it is vain & sadistic. If I don't pass the test of faith, I suffer damnation out of love. Well, okay....

Oh, and the Freudian implications of all the references to such as "his rod and his staff, they comfort me" should not be understated :throwup:

:bwahaha:

Les,

Not sure why you say that. I have a great sense of humor and laugh all the time.

Seems to me you are presuming things. Just a thought...

Lastly, the expression "learn to laugh" is pretty stupid, IMHO. One can learn to drive a car. One can learn math. But laughing? Laughing at something that is funny is an innate human ability....it is not learned.

LOL!

TJR

Here's Satan wearing clothing--but I believe it's made of polyester, not satin...

[Broken External Image]:

Interesting side note--On Yahoo! Sports's website, within the "players" section, the shortcut to any individual player's bio page is "http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/players/xxx", where "xxx" is a three digit number. I remember hearing that there is some sort of algorithm that was used to assign players to three digit numbers--it wasn't done randomly, nor was what follows done intentionally. But as it turns out, guess what the three digit code is for Miroslav Satan's page?

Yep, you got it:

Last edited by a moderator:
If my God has a plan for me in the hereafter, then he has a plan for ALL OF US in the hearafter, and the acceptance criteria are probably more than I can imagine. So in the meantime, I'll do my very best here...

Yeah, it is called ETERNAL DAMNATION TO HELL!!! :fire::fire::fire::fire::fire:

Now, the idea of hell is something I haven't come to terms with, but I won't bore (or confuse) anyone with my ramblings on that topic.

Ouiji boards are likened to tarot cards and zodiac signs. For loonies and the hopeless. Just my opinion.

Latest posts