Overall is the trac a good buy?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree with Nelson, but knwo that Toyota has better gearing and makes more sense mechanically than Ford. I love my truck, but you have more options with Toyota. For instance, my brother (a 4-timte Ranger owner, on which frame the ST is built) pointed out that ford's brake cable compared to Toyota's doens't make any sense mechanically. I think Ford attempted to create vehicles that cost more to fix. Aslo, my friend (mechanic) owns a Toyota and says he can do almost everything with one wrench, meanign that unlike ford, they do not change the bolt size so often, whihc makes it easir to move around and work on. Also, I think the psort-trac is one of the heavier trucks for its size. I might be moving and have to sell my sport-trac, this does not make me happy. It is a true sports adventure truck, made for exploring and having fun.

I wouldn't. I want a vehicle that doesn't spend any time in a dealer service dept. I hate wasting my time with these matters. Ford just doesn't make a reliable enough vehicle for me.

I never liked the backseat in my old Trac, you felt like you were sitting bolt upright. The rear seatbacks need to tilt like they do in the new Explorers.

Latest posts