P0171 & P0174 error codes

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amy Coleman

Reaction score
Ok guys... I've looked this info up already on here and so far, I've replaced my fuel filter but I can't seem to locate this "cracked" hose.... Where exactly is it located on a 01, Job 2? The only thing I found that looks similar is a line that comes off my intake.. that has an elbow that looks right.... but I checked that and it was fine. So if someone could help me out with this I’d greatly appreciate it!

As a side note I used the plastic tools to remove the filter and they worked fine. However, I found myself doing it the wrong way…. I didn’t hear or feel any kind of “click”… and you can’t push the tool to remove the line. I shoved the plastic piece into the line, then holding the filter with one had, I pulled the line right off with the other. I had the other side off in just a few seconds. Although one advantage I have is that I’m a 5’4” tall woman and I did this laying under the truck in the driveway, and still had some room to spare, lol. So my hands fit just fine into the small space.

Those two codes have been the elbow your referring to almost 100 percent of the time thus far.

It cracks on the bottom. You will not be able to see it from the top. You will have to remove it or you may be able to squeeze the tube and feel for a weakness.

Based on you doing a search I am sure you have seen the pictures I normally post. If not, look in ,y library for them.

I removed the elbow and it looks great.... hmmm. I don't know what else it could be... Maybe the MAF is dirty? The thing is, if I reset the CE light, it can take a while to come back on, it doesn't pop on right away so it's not a constant problem. My fuel filter needed to be changed, way over due so maybe that will do the trick... I'll see if it comes on today.

Thanks Coastiejoe!