P0401 code

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greg L

Reaction score
OK guys / gals

I have the old P0401 code and was told that the only place to get a new DPFE sensor was from Ford - is that correct?

Also, any idea how difficult it is to change this sensor?

Thanks a ton for all of the help.

Ditto on what Uncle Bob said. Try the auto parts stores and your local Ford Dealership's Parts dept. Even if you have to get it from Ford, you will realize that they are pretty competetive in pricing compared to aftermarket stores. May be alittle higher, but you get the piece of mind that it is made exclusively to Ford vehicles. Some aftermarket parts are within "tollerant" specs and may not perform correctly as Ford products. Thus still giving you a CEL. But there are a few times where it could save you money.;)

I know a number of people here who purchased DPFE sensors from places like AutoZone, NAPA, and other auto parts stores in their area.

...Rich

If you're still in warranty, and going to the dealer any time soon, let them do it. I think it's covered with an extended 70k warranty on that part. Last time I went in, I brought paperwork showing the TSB number, date issued, etc, etc, and they didn't even ask a question.