P1400- Replaced DPFE and still get the code?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MarkDawn Houlahan

Reaction score
Hey everyone, had the cracked elbow a few months back and now my wife's ST had the CEL on again with P1400 in memory. I replaced the DPFE right off the bat since that's the general consensus, but three days later the CEL came back on. I checked for codes and got the same P1400.

There's no EVP (EGR Valve Position) sensor on the ST like earlier OBDI/EEC IV Fords. My guess would be the EVR (EGR Vacuum Regulator) that regulates the flow to the EGR valve.

I double checked all of the vacuum lines and the EGR hoses to the DPFE.

Anyone have any ideas that I can go on?

Thanks...

Mark

P1400 DPFE Circuit Low Input

I'm not sure what the fix for that is, the replacing DPFE is P0401.

jeff c is correct. i just had my dpfe sensor replaced 2 days ago and that is the code on my invoice for the repair. on the bright side at least now you have a new dpfe sensor.

Well I searched here first, I didn't automatically replace it, but the few people that had the P1400 as well fixed it with the DPE.

The EVR is only $25 at Autozone. I guess I'll grab one of those next. The EVR and the DPFE are the only two sensors in the EGR system...

Thanks...

Mark

Check the wires, May have a dirty or corroded connection....

Also have you removed your computer recently???

May be dirty contact at that harness..

Todd Z

Computer has never been out of the firewall...

Wires and vacuum lines all look good too...

The light goes off and on, which seems weird for an OBDII car. I thought it had to go through several cycles before resetting...

Oh well, just have to see if the EVR fixes it now...

Thanks...

Mark