painting the plastic cladding

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul H

Reaction score
im throwing this out there not sure if i want to paint the plastic cladding black or color match it white. i saw the post here yesterday for the white st with the painted black cladding and i thought i was sold but now im leaning a little to the side of painting it white to match the truck. if any one has a white st with the plastic cladding painted white could you post a photo any input would be much appreciated-paul:wacko:

Bear in mind that even the best pictures don't do the actual thing justice. Still, my two cents goes to monochrome paint (in your case, white on white).

I vote all white. They both look good. The black looks more rugged,The color matched looks smoother.. Thats my opinion.. Depends on which look you are goin' for. Different "coats" for differnt folks. :cool: By the way Eldon.. I like that light bar, is that custom?

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks everyone great input as usual. i like both the looks. i have some time still to debate not painting till july (i think who knows i might get the bug and do it earlier:D) i think im gonna go towards the white on white. i still want some more oppinions so keep them coming thanks again-paul

My thoughts are if you want a 4X4 look go black it looks more rugged. If you have your trac lowered or made for the streets then go all white.[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
I am partial to black if your going for a white/black color scheme.

IF you going to add chrome, then white/White will look the best.,..

Todd Z