Painting

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phillip Clark

Reaction score
I have an 03 XLT so I have that grey bottem skirt that goes around the whole thing, has anyone ever got that painting to where the whole vehicle has a monochromic look? If so, how well does it turn out?

Think Tom R painted his own, and posted a project on it.

I'm curious what others have paid to have both bumper covers and side cladding painted.

Last edited by a moderator:
Several have. From a shop you will find the prices range $400 to $600.

You can order it from Ford off an 04 in the color of your choice. It will run you just over $1000.00.

I think that's pretty much what TomR did, C2. Except he decided to use black paint. You'll have to find the paint-code for your Aspen Green Trac.

It can be done....

I did mine in black

Todd Z

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
You could also try Dupicolor textured metallic paint. It is supposedly designed for use on plastic. I painted my step pads with it and the paint seems pretty durable.

[Broken External Image]:

C2, Nope, I used 3m plastic parts cleaner, then 3m adhesion promoter and 4 coats of single stage PPG gloss black paint. No clear needed... I sanded the paint only between coats and then painted. the last coat got 1600 grit and polishing compound with a wheel...

Good so far, at least 1 year later...

Todd Z

Latest posts