Parts question

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doug Watts

Reaction score
I want to add a 4x4 tranny pan to my '01 for the extra fluid/cooling, but don't know which years of explorers will work. :( Anyone know? Thx.

Well, was going to look up the trannys to see which ones were the same part numbers. But, as you are an 01 model, it is a split year.

Which do you have?

Here are all of the option for 01...

A.T., 4 Dr, Sport Trac, 4x2, ID XL2P-CA (thru 7/23/00)

A.T., 4 Dr, Sport Trac, 4x4, ID XL2P-DA (thru 7/23/00)

A.T., 4 Dr, Sport Trac, 4x2, ID 1L5P-DA (from 7/24/00)

A.T., 4 Dr, Sport Trac, 4x4, ID 1L5P-EA (from 7/24/00)

Here's the pan for your Trac from site sponsor Torrie. Listed for $47.59:

Last edited by a moderator:
Probably a good idea to replace the gasket while you're at it. $18.19 from Torrie.

[Broken External Image]:

I KNEW I was forgetting something. :angry:

I have a job 2, 4x2. My zip is 33572

TrainTrac, Thanks for the info. I know I need a new filter and gasket, but was hoping I could find the pan at a local yard. Most of them punch the pan, making it worthless to most, but I'm going to add a drain plug so it doesn't matter to me.

Doug, goto AutoZone and get the kit from them: #TF215 (4x4 filter kit). It is way cheaper there ($14.99), and it includes the filter, gasket, and the two rubber rings.

No problem Doug. I just remembered coming across this pan on EBay for $35.00 and free shipping a few days ago. It comes off an older explorer 4x4 1991, but it has the same amount of holes, and looks like it takes the same gasket. Check it out...

Autozone says the gaskets are the same for a 92/93 Explorer 4x4 and my ST so the pan I found at the junk yard should fit (I think). :banana: