PCM code (Expi)

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On the computer... ;)

I think the computer is on the kick panel on the passenger side..

Todd Z

Look inside the passenger side door jamb. There should be a small 1" x 1" sticker there unless you or someone detailing the car has removed it. If it is not there, it will be under the hood. Your PCM is on the passenger side, mounted on the firewall. It will have 3 plugs going into it. Your code will be the same as the ones on the ST, 3 letters 1 number, and they will be larger than the rest of the numbers on there.

But, be warned, the 04+ Expis and F150s have had numerous programming updates from Ford. If you have had it in for service, they have probably reflashed it. The code on the PCM may not be whats loaded on the PCM.

The ONLY way to read that code off the pcm is to use an Xcal2 in conjuntion with a laptop, and use the Get Hex Name function off the File menu in the Live Link software.

Thanks Wayne,,

So what do I do if I want to spend some money with you? The only work done to the expi has been re-wiring where a mouse ate it up. nothing else. what do you think, still original? If so and down the road they make a change, where does that leave me? I want to get an xcal because Rose only gets 12-14 on a good day, and 18 highway... suggestions...:unsure: OH YEA,, bone stock expi.

Last edited by a moderator:
i would like to know the same for my wifes 2001 expy all stock other than a K&N filter what kind of difference does it make on these.