Performance

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dale McMurry

Reaction score
Have 07 Limited 4X4 V8 with 88 miles. I was disappointed with take off performance

from a standing start, especially with 292 HP, however if I shift manually it comes alive.

Is this common with the 6 speed trany? I love the handing, much better than 05.:(

WFoy should be perfecting an XCal tune for the 07s soon. I bet it'd help a lot.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dale, The "ramp In" of the new v8 sucks, Ford designed it for Emissions and MPG....

It can be changed...

Todd Z

quote]WFoy should be perfecting an XCal tune for the 07s soon. I bet it'd help a lot.[/quote]

well maybe he should stop selling them untill they are "perfected" :wacko:

If you're having problems with your current tune(s) I'm sorry to hear it. Flash back to stock and talk to Wayne. He's good to work with.

It should also loosen up after you get a few miles on it. The last few new Fords I've had didn't really run their best until I had about 10,000 miles on them. At first the engines felt very "tight", for lack of a better word.

FWIW, my system is to change the factory oil the first time at half the recommended mileage interval (2500) with dino oil, then at 5000 and every 5000 after with synthetic.