Picked up my week old '07 with NEW engine!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pat Freeman

Reaction score
After getting word at 2pm on Monday that I was going to get a new engine from Ford, I got a call at 2pm today that it was ready to be picked up. That's 4 days, call to call! I went to the dealership, got my keys, started her up and popped the hood. I spent about 5 minutes looking all over, top, bottom, sides, under, with it running at high idle and then after it warmed up at low idle. I even revved it up a few times. It sounded just fine! And, it looked just like it did from the factory.

I took it for a spin and could tell immediately that this engine was running so much better and that there was something wrong with the old engine. The old engine didn't have the snap to it or the computer cut back spark because it detected a problem. But, this new engine feels like it's SO much quicker. I put about 50 miles on it and can't find anything wrong. I'm very happy with what Koons Ford in Baltimore did with absolutely zero hassle and without a problem giving me a loaner.

I'll keep an eye on things and post back here. I think I may have gotten a bad long block from the factory. But, for right now, bringing her home put that huge smile on my face and I'm a happy man again!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I hope it all works out for you. Glad they turned it around fairly fast for you too.

Hope you have smooth sailing from here on out....

Best of luck to you.

Thanks guys! I plan on driving it to Louisville!

ions - not only are we both Freemans, by my dad's name is James Freeman, Jr. too. Now, if you're middle name is Henry, I'm going to be even more surprised!

Cool, Glad it worked out for you, Just break it in nicely and enjoy the new ride !!!

Todd Z

Hopefully that will be the first and last problem that you have.

Glad it went well. That's a nice lookin Trac in your sig. Now get out of the way or put some pics in ur library. :D

Pat:

Good luck!

I just thought of something potentially horrible: Does your new engine have the 12,000 mile/12 month Ford parts warranty, or is it still covered under the 36,000 mile/36 month factory warranty? I would ASSuME that it is covered under the 36/36, but you may want to verify.

I fear I am starting to sound like Debbie Downer on saturday night live...

It would still be under the 36/36 warranty which starts on the purchase date of the vehicle.