Pictures from the Edmonton Grand Prix: Also some of the SVT ST, Shelby, GTR and GT.

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dallas Starr

Reaction score
I went to the Edmonton Grand Prix on the weekend and took some pics, Got about 10 of the new ST, Shelby, GTR and the GT. I only posted a few pics in my library and they might be a little big so there is a dial up warning.

Not that they are all that great but if anyone would like me to email thses among others let me know and i'll try to get around to it.

Dallas

Last edited by a moderator:
Dallas,

That was a GREAT race, you lucky dog!!! Great new venue, and they said that the crowds were fantastic! And what a race! Poor A.J., putting it into the wall like that, blowing the race...

Gotta love the sound of those turbocharged Cosworth's!!!

according to the sign in front of the ST it was going to be 390hp and 390 ft/lbs of torque,

in total for the whole weekend there was over 211,000 fans that came, including 90,000+ on race day. The venue was incredible and it is considered one of the fastest tracks on the circuit. I would like to see all this culminate and maybe a NASCAR race coming this way by about 2010.

The color of the ST was red, I was talking to one of the ford guys there and he was saying he knew of 4 colors it was coming in: red, white, black and silver. He said there might be more colors he just doesnt know of them yet.

Dallas

The 07 SVT seems to get lots of attention. Does anyone have any idea what the other models are going to look like , XLT etc....? How about an FX4 ST??

Math-you,

The shaved doors are a show car thing, I don't think legally a manufacture can do that...but you get in it with the push of a button, usually on a key fob. Same as aftermarket shaved doors...press a button, an actuactor pulls the door latch open, and usually, a popper pops the door out far enough to grab the edge and open the door all the way.

Ebin-

More or less like the current Explorer, but with the front end from the SVT ST, which is what the new Explorer will look like as well.

Latest posts