Pinch My Ride - Wired News

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dale Carlson

Reaction score
I've never really looked into the (technical) specifics about the Trac's anti-theft system, but this story scares me. Not so much that thieves can bypass security systems - I take that as a given, but that insurance companies can deny payment based on the existence of such systems.

Anybody have any experiences like this?

Oh, yeah. Just thought of something - could be a good reason to get a new Trac. The security should be better (at least for a little while), right? :p

As with any security device, someone will bypass it. Alarms are suposed to protect your vehicle. Who pays attention to them in a parking lot? Special locks for your house. The best in the world. A brick will break a window. Not very secure is it?

Security devices stop the little guy looking for a quick ride. if they want your vehicle, they will take it.

Tom

I have this on my Trac... the cheat code, I found it about a year ago when my keys disappeared. The up down action is with the turn signal / high beam flasher.

Up, Down, Up, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, Brake, Accelerator, Brake, Accelerator, Start.

If you understand this cheat code, have fun figuring yours out. :lol: