Pioneer AVIC N2

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JK II

Reaction score
I just ordered this today. Any here have it? Whats your experience with it? How well does the Nav work and do you have the NavTraffic? I heard you cant bypass the system to watch movies while the vehicle is in motion... but my buddy says he knows how to bypass it :D.

I have it, and the nav is great. I do not have the traffic add on. The unit itself is not to user friendly as far as the controls but it does work very well. I was told that this model uses the gyroscope and knows the car is moving not sure if the brake thing will work.

Last edited by a moderator:
With this unit you cannot ground it so that it will play video in motion. It has some sort of motion sensor in the stereo that can't be bypassed. The first gen N1 does not have the motion sensor unless you upgrade the software in it

He told me he can actually bypass it so it will still play.. I didnt ask him what he will do but he's going to help me install it when it arrives.

Mine gets installed tomorrow, so look for a review after a couple of days JK2.

No, sorry, Friday. My brain is a day ahead.

I know that it looked hella cool, I just had to have it. :)

Bout time you got a decent headunit Jon.....now if we can only get Jeff to stop playing around with that Panasonic unit he's got and step upto the world of "in-dash infotainment".

John, how can you sleep at nite with those seat covers just sitting there? You didn't buy them to decorate your bedroom for goodness sake, lol.

Yeah I know.... My dad bought one for his truck as well. The seats do make my room look good lol. Actually I think I'm just gonna install them this weekend after I get the screw outta my tire.

The AVIC kicks some SERIOUS butt. It's about 200 rpm off at the moment, but it seems to be getting better with every mile I drive. It's very cool to have all that information at your fingertips. It's also reporting my 'Trac has well over 300 ft/lb of torque too, which is cool. ;)

I have mine mated with the AVH-P5700DVD touchscreen DVD player.

JK2, PLEASE tell me how to bypass the video system lock. For anyone who's interested, Pioneer uses a gyroscope to make sure the vehicle isn't moving before it will play a DVD. I've been scouring the internet to find a "hack", but have been largely unsuccessful thus far.

As for the AVIC, it works just fine going down the road, there are no issues with having to be stopped to use it. The mounting must be PERFECT though for it to work properly. It has to be level within a certain number of degrees, so if you don't feel comfortable with that, have a professional install it. Other than that, it's one of the coolest things I've seen in a car. I'm sure you'll be happy with it if you decide to get it.

My friend installs these for a living so its like having a professional. I should have it on my door by the middle of next week I hope. I'll try to remember to ask him how he is going to bypass it.

I'll look into the RCA "fix". Not sure that will work, but it's worth a try.

If you get any news JK, I'd be happy to hear it. :)

Latest posts