plastic on sporttrac

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paulette lopez 2

Reaction score
ok hope i can explain this good. up on the back of the cab right near the roof racks theres a plastic pieace on each side just above there rear window about 4" or 5" inches long. now i notice that one of the pieaces is peeling how do i prevent this from happening and is there anything i can do to either replace these. only one is peeling now.. also how can i keep the front and rear bumper and the cowling on the side from turning an ashy gray from the sun. is there anything i can put on them to protect them for the sun.. i just got my rear bumper replaced last week. due to i was rear ended.. and i want to keep it looking good . need help thank guys.

I have always heard that putting those products on the plastic give it a nice temporary look BUT actually makes the plastic fade faster or look ashy. :fire:

up on the back of the cab right near the roof racks theres a plastic pieace on each side just above there rear window about 4" or 5" inches long. now i notice that one of the pieaces is peeling how do i prevent this from happening and is there anything i can do to either replace these.

These are the pieces painted body color? They're held in place by two studs molded into the piece. They're removable but you have to remove the headliner for access to the nuts.

881f1ddbc625f5efff800ffafaaa6691.jpg
aee6563d8196ab17d3a6d5660406686c.jpg

Latest posts