Plug wires

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doug Watts

Reaction score
I need to replace the plug wires. Any recommendations as to which brand? I originally got the Autolite wires from Advance Auto Parts, but am wondering if there are better wires to use this time around. Thanks.

Many people are happy with the OEMs, OR Taylor V.......

There are performance wires out there but that run more $$..

Todd Z

The advantatage of the Taylor wires is that they cost about the same price as the OEM style wires do, but are constructed like "performance" wires are. Stainless steel spirial wound wire vs. the fibreglass and carbon wires of OEM style.

In the end, you can spend your money on performance wires that do not perform any better than upgraded wires or you can buy an OEM wire that is built like the performance wires are.

For myself, I user Taylor wires and Motorcraft plugs.

I use upgraded wires beause performance plugs are a scam and with wires, why not upgrade to a better wire for the same price?

Tom

IMO you do not need a "performance" spark plug wire on a stock motor becasue realistically you aren't going to be able to tell a difference. I only use oem wires on mine and my customers vehicles and if price is a concern Denso wires are a little less expensive and fit really well.

Thanks guys. If I can get better wires for close to the same price, I'm all for that.

Caymen, Do you get the Taylor wires at a local store or have to order them online?