Plug Wires

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eric Toften

Reaction score
Hey guys need to change the plug wires for the first time. Does anyone know the lengths of the wires on the 4.0L V6? The Autolite Professionals are 20, 26, 29, 32, 35, 41 inches and the Motorcraft are 18, 25, 27, 30, 33, 37.

I'm not sure on the lengths but I will add that when I put spark plug wires on customers cars if I don't use OE wires I use Denso. They seem to fit the best when it comes to aftermarket wires. As far as some of the worst fitting wires I have used I think the Autolites tops that list. I do admit though that it has probably been at least 15 years since I have laid hands on a set of Autolite wires so maybe things have changed.

Autozone sells the autolite profesionals. I dont like them, they appear cheap. For oem, motorcraft. Otherwise I use a name brand, spiralcore type wires. There are several out there. I shop for price. When it comes to spiral core wires. I never got ant bad ones despite the brand.

Latest posts