Poll w/ comments: Are you running synthetic oil throughout?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Are you running synthetic oil in you engine, tranny & diff.? What differences have you noticed? Yesterday I finally put on the Trick Flow differential cover, and put in Royal Purple Max Gear w/ friction modifier. All I can say is that the combination of running synthetic throughout is awesome. :D:D:D

An article in the June issue of Sport Truck magazine on changing your oil to sythetic throughout (Royal Purple) got them an increase of 10 more hp & 12 more ft. lbs. of torque at the wheels. :D

I've been running Syntec partial blend since the day my 03 was born, but was worried about full synthetics and pushing the engine. Can someone tell me if this is just rumor mill or can you run full synthetic on a hard-charging truck. Pros/Cons anyone?

Mobil 1 full synthetic for me. It really smoothed my engine out, not sure about any horsepower gains but it does run a lot better. I'd really reccomend this upgrade.

I notice a big improvement when I switched to Mobil-1 oil in my 2001 Sport Trac at 10K miles. It ran smoother and got a nice little boost ine MPG. aWhen I flushed the tranny with 100% synthetic tranny fluid (by Pennzoil) and noticed much better accelleration and crisper shifting.

Since I changed to synthetics on my 2003 ST at the first 3K mile oil change and flushed the tranny fluid at 21K miles, my I have gotten better mileage from the begining and the transmission shifting is very crisp and quick, just like the 2001 was.

I have not changed the rear axle oil, but I peobably will do that before heading out for Louisville.

...Rich

Only thing that is not synthetic is my tranny and brake fluid.

You guys are missing Rodger's point. He's asking if you are running synthetic lubricants in the ENTIRE car, not just the crankcase.

I run AMSOIL 5W30 oil, AMSOIL Tranny fluid in my tranny and power steering system, AMSOIL 75W140 differential fluid with AMSOIL friction modifier.

I only run Motorcraft brake fluid in the brake system and I run Prestone Anti-freeze in the cooling system.

Tom

Latest posts