Power Mirrors Not Moving

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cynthia Grant

Reaction score
On my 2003 ST at 70K miles, my power mirrors suddenly stopped working (L and R). They had worked fine a few days before this problem appeared. Does anyone know if this could be a fuse that might be easy to replace? I'd rather avoid a trip to the dealership if I can. I'd appreciate any info!

I would say it's probably a fuse. (being that both quit working) That is where I always start before looking elsewhere with electronic problems. Look in your owner's manual and it should show where the fuse is located.;)

If not the fuse check the rubber boot that covers the wires going into the door (when you open the driver side door) My '02 had both mirrors stop working. It was a pinched wire inside the rubber boot that caused them to stop. The wire in question is (at least on my '02) a light orange with black strip on it. I just cut the pinched area connected it back with electrical tape. No problems since, it's been about 3 years since.

OFF TRAC could be right. I forgot that both mirrors work off the same switch. Fuse first (easiest) then look for a disconnected or broke wire going to the switch.;)

Latest posts