Power Pack from Alpine

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rich S03

Reaction score
Has anyone wired one of Alpine's KTP-445 Power Pack to a non-alpine headunit. I have a Pioneer head unit newly installed but I wanted just a little more power to my speakers. I really don't want to go through all of the trouble of wiring an amp to all the speakers. I just wanted to know if it works and how hard is it to wiring it into a different wiring harness.

This looks like a good idea. I've been wanting to get an amp that'll put more power to the speakers. I have an older DEH7400 Pioneer H.U. and a DEH 6400, wondering it this will be compatible.

From what I have read on the KTP-445 it really does produce a true 45 RMS, which would add just the right about of juice to my Alpine 507 speakers without the hassle of wiring up a 4-channel amp. I have read that people have done it but never have seen anyone put the wiring diagram together to ensure it is a doable project.

The Alpine Power Pack is just a plug and play function. So the wiring needing to be done is just splicing the two ends of the power pack to the aftermarket head unit and then to the ford end. I have found in other forums that people have done it but they do not say how difficult it is or where all of the wires need to be soldered together. If you search on youtube people are wiring it to subwoofers and other things. I have also read that people crimp the Alpine harness into plug in functions that way they can just plug it into the Ford end and then solder the other ends together.