Power Problems

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryan Carter

Reaction score
Recently I have been having problems with my 01' tracs electrical system. When I turn on my lights my whole dash dims to barely visible. Also once in a while it will flicker in and out. Anyone else have similar problems? Maybe the alernator? Does anyone know a good aftermarket alternator? Or could it be something else?

Ryan, remember that there are two switches that regulate your lights, the headlight switch, and the dashlight switch (on my 01, that is) try turning the single switch that goes north/south which woulld be your interior lights, all the way on, then easing the switch down ever so slightly until it clicks the interior lights off. If it stays lit then you can release it. I have an 01, and I find that the switch is very sensitive to the up and down rotation. I am by no means saying that this is the solution, but I often have to play around with. If you somehow inadvertantly move that switch it will make that dimming scenario if that switch is not in the proper sosition, at least that is the way it is in mine. Hope you find the solution!:huh: