Power window opens/closes only 1 inch or so

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hal keiner

Reaction score
My front power window on the drivers side only goes down and inch or so and stops while the 'down button' is being held in. The window goes back up and closes OK when I push the "up button". If I physically push down on the window while activating the "down button" the window still stops after opening one inch or so and does not give at all. It does not feel like a soft friction like blockage, such as from an unlubricatred window seal that is holding the window from going down. More like a hard immovable something stopping the window from going down. Any ideas on what the problem and fix might be?

I probably will need to remove the inside door panel to see what I can see, but I thought I would post this question in case this particular sympton is easily recognized and the fix known. Then I can have the replacement part already available when I have the door apart.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hard to diagnose without removing the panel. Make sure you lift straight up when removing.

There's a molded in plastic hook on the panel around the mirror that breaks very easily. GL.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts