Preformance Muffler Installed. (finally)

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shawn stonbraker 2

Reaction score
Well, after a month of trying to get someone local to put on my performance muffler, I finally got it on last Fri. It's a Flowtech Raptor muffler with a Flowtech resonated dual tip straight out the back. It has great low sound when idling and absolutely no drone at cruise. I like it alot. Total for the muffler, tip, and install with new tailpipe to go out the rear was $160. Would have liked to do it myself but didn't have tools or time. Now when I have to replace it I can do it myself. Anyway, the only problem was a minor dent on the end of one tip that I'll fix later. Still looks pretty good.

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

stonemiser,

Looks good. But I do have one thing. Looks like they did the same type of install to yours as I had on mine when I first got my Areoturbine. There's a bracket that is rather unsightly on the bottom of the pipe where it connects to the hardpoint on the truck and has the threads of it sticking down, right?

I don't know how your's is but on mine, it was kinda an eyesore... So if you look at the pics in my Areoturbine folder, you'll see how I corrected that with a solid bracket. I had a buddy of mine that's a welder take the bracket connection point and make a hard weld point out of it... Don't know if that bothers you or not, but other than the bracket, it looks great!

~Josh

Does look good, I also agree with josh, and IF your going to have that done, May want to push the tip inward about 3 inches. Will clean up the install...

Todd Z

Thanks all for the input. The guy said he usually welds the tips on but since it had a dent in it he didn't want to due to me either taking it off and getting it replaced, or taking it off and fixing it. No biggy. I'm still debating about it yet.;)

I am glad to hear you got it in. Not too loud is it. I do agree with josh though and if you could move it in just a bit. When I did mine I held the joints together with a few sheet metal screws my wife took it to get it welded cost $45. I cut the existing tail pipe shorterup to the bracket and cut a elbow piece for the tailpipe you can only see about 2" of it.

After seeing yours I wish I had gotten a tailpipe like that it looks really good:cool: nice job!!!

Dave G, no not loud at all. It has a V8 sound at idle, but only from the tip. You go by the pass. rear door and you hear nothing. Rev it alittle, it growls without the cracking "inhale" when you leave off the throttle. But still not loud enough to be abnoxious. It just uped the sound alittle. I'll take everyone's advise and move it back alittle. The pic I think makes it look like it is out further than what it is. Looking straight down the bumer it doesn't stick out that much. The pic was taken standing away from the ST. If you look at the side shot it only goes out as far as the upper part of the bumper.

Your absolutly right it ups it a little without being obnoxious. I do like the tip. I may do some refabricating to make it work when my wife allows me to buy more toys.:( it does look sweet (as my daughter would say) nice job

Last edited by a moderator: