Pro Comp Shocks?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cody Allen

Reaction score
I was wondering what pro comp shocks are like... theres a site that has buy 3 get 1 free... for all 4 shocks it would be about $150, and only $100 for their lowest one... There are also Rancho RS500 shocks for $150 a set... which would be better- the pro comp or rancho? I was just wondering if and how well these work... Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Some of our members didnot get all the hardware with procomp. They had to strip parts off the stock shocks..

Nelson, which pro comp shocks are those? and would you recommend them over ranchos? idk if you've ever rode on ranchos, just wondering about your opinion... Thanks

I had the ES9000s on my '03 Adrenalin and absolute LOVED them. Very heavy-duty and no problems at all. $126 for a set of four including the boots was a steal! Easy to install-- best upgrade I made to my ST and well worth the price and effort! It rode like it should have from the factory afterwards.

I have the 9000's on my 02 and love them. Have nothing to compare them to except the oem's and I have no doubt ANY shock would have been a huge improvement.

Yes you do have to use a litlle of the old hardware. Helps if you have a vise. But for $126 for a set of 4, I didn't mind.

I ordered ES9000's (for my old Trac) from 4 Wheel Parts and the fronts arrived without most of the hardware. With much cussing, banging, and a little torching I got one front one on, only to find that the other front shock was defective. Gas shocks are supposed to expand, the other front one would just stay where you put it. I called 4 Wheel Parts, they were good about sending them back for a refund, and I gave up and went to Sears for a set of Sensa Tracs. I think the Pro Comps are good shocks, from other people I know who have them, but the missing parts thing is a common complaint.