Programming / Override button?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adam Smith 2

Reaction score
In the keyless entry system manual, it says that I can add remotes by programming them, and one step is to press the "programming/override" button under the instrument panel. I can't find this button, does anyone know where it is? When they say "under", to they mean behind the instrument dials, so that I have to rip out the entire dash to get to it?

I have several remotes that I purchased off of ebay and programed them using the instructions given to me by those selling them. I am not sure of the button you are refering to and I certainly did not need to do anything other than program the remotes once I recieved them.

The remote programming instructions I got are for the Ford Silver (Power Code) remote keyless entry and remote starter system. Step two in the key fob programming process is to hold down this mystery "programming/override" button for 10 seconds, until you hear the Trac's horn honk 3 times.

Nevermind, I found it. Perhaps it's only installed with the remote starter or alarm systems? In my case, it is a small black momentary pushbutton immediately behind the emergency brake release pull handle.

Latest posts