Pulled the trigger today.

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom Schindler

1st Gen Owner
V6 Engine
Reaction score
I really, REALLY, REALLY, REALLY, wanted a Harley Davidson Heritage Softail. Unfortunatly, I could not justify the price. No matter how hard I tried to convince myself the cost is worth it, I just can't do it.

I ended putting money down on this tonight.

[Broken External Image]:

It has 3600 miles on it. It is a 2007 Yamaha V-Star 1100. It has a custom front faring, saddlebags, and a stereo. I like the looks of the front faring and really like the color.

I think I will be happy with it.

Tom

Looks pretty sharp, I must say. IMO the "layered" exhaust pipes are pretty cool looking. The stereo seems a bit unnecessary though, again IMO. Here's hoping that in 4 years you'll put more than 3600 miles on that. :supercool:

Unfortunatly, I could not justify the price. No matter how hard I tried to convince myself the cost is worth it, I just can't do it.

Which is why I'm glad that there are other motorcycles that have the more "Harley-styled" look to them, without the ridiculous price that brand commands.

I ended putting money down on this tonight.

Never thought I'd hear you say that :grin:

Very nice looking bike, Tom. Congrats! I really like the low-profile fairing.

Did you get rid of your smaller Honda motorcycle for this one?

I've got an 07 vstar. 1100 custom. Which is pretty much the same bike just dressed up differently. Its been a great bike so far. The wide front wheel took a little getting used to. I think you will enjoy that bike a lot. One word of warning is that these motors require valve adjustments fairly often and i think most places are gonna try to charge $300 to do it. When we got ours we bought a "pit pass" which covers this for a few years so I dont remember exactly how often you need to do it but I'd find out if I were you. Congrats on the new addition to the collection:supercool:

Did you get rid of your smaller Honda motorcycle for this one?

Nope. I am keeping my CB550K. That little bike still has its place in my stable, along with the little scooter.

Tom

Caymen,

I thought the same thing that budfromballground thought when he read the title of this thread...That you had shot somebody. I was almost afraid to read the post. but when I saw the motorcycle, I knew it was safe/

Yes indeed, a very fine looking bike. and I do like the color as well...it's very similar to my Mercedes.

...Rich

Tom, very nice!

I cannot abide by Harley either. Why pay way more money for an inferior product? My Harley-riding buddies all laugh at me and my "metric bike", but my bike runs like new all the time and never breaks while theirs are running rough and spending too much time in the shop. Also, accessories for their bikes cost double what the same accessories for my bike cost. Finally, none of them will race me. They are all scared of my little Kawasaki Mean Streak.

Caymen,

Why do we need help? No offense intended, but you did say you "Pulled the trigger today"...why would that NOT sound like you shot a gun?

Crime is on the rise here in Waco, TX and I'm sure it's not much different everywhere else in the US, even up in Ohio. We have had a number of robberies in parking lots at the mall, etc. So one never knows...I just thought maybe you got into and incident and had to pull your gun and fire at someone...That's what you carry it for.

...Rich

Discharging a firearm didn't even come to my mind when I read the title, I took it as the colloquialism for making a momentous decision, which is apparently how it was intended. :banana:

Though I totally see where ya'll are coming from. I feel like I missed out on the joke :cry::bwahaha:

Tom very nice.

Im curious about the discoloring chrome on the front cylinder exhaust pipe. Could be a sign of heat, from running lean on that cylinder.

Im curious about the discoloring chrome on the front cylinder exhaust pipe. Could be a sign of heat, from running lean on that cylinder.

I noticed that on the picture, but did not see it in person on this bike. Possibly from the light coming off the fender or something.

Tom

Latest posts