pulley question

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shane e

Reaction score
just wondering what the pulley's name is and what it does. According to the pic under the hood it is a/c CLIM. The reason i ask is when the truck is idling and then when this pulley clicks on the engine almost dies. The belt is always going around it but when it clicks the inner wheel moves for a while then stops, thats when the engine looses is RPM's.

It sounds like A/C compressor is seizing and will soon stop turning altogether. When that happens it will quickly burn up the belt leaving you stranded. I'll bet you have had poor or no air conditioning for awhile too!

Steve

Look in the projects section for info and pics, on cleaning the IAC. It might be sticking and not keeping the rpms up when the AC compressor clicks in....

Thanks guys i will try cleaning the IAC, also note i have not run the AC the last couple days should this compressor still be kicking on?

It will click on when your Defroster is on...It takes out the moisture in the air to aid in the Defrogging!!