question about bed mounts

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jamie frenzel

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the bed mounts are suppose to be level with each other? I got rear ended and I have a slightly twisted bed. I pulled it off and parked on the flattest spot in the garage as far as i know. The measurements from the top of the ft drivers side mount to the ground is 28.25" and the ft pass side mount is 28.5" The rear mounts are where I think have my problem. The rear drivers side is 30.25" and the passenger rear is 31.5" to the ground. I think I have to pull those down because between the cab and the bed the gap is horribly small on the top and about 3" on the bottom. My trucks suspension is completely stock besides the brand new shocks all the way around. I have been waiting 11 months for my insurance money and i just cant go with out my trac any longer. And I cant afford to have a shop do it right now. By the way i have a 2001 st 2wd.

i would start byput it on a level floor on jack stands and then measuring the hieght to a point on the frame then the same spot on the other side then measuring the frame in an X making sure that the frame square measure across you get the jist of the process

are your mounts looking damaged :banana:

I don't think they were originally. I think the bed has different heights at which it actually sits on the frame. Granted its been a few weeks since I did the body lift and looked.

11months!!!!!! I think I would work on contacting insurance and dealing with them. Personally I've never experience a wait that long. Something is not right there.

As to the bed, there are four star bolts that hold it down. I belive the size is T-55 if I'm not mistaken. Try adjusting it and also do the measurements that Rods mentioned.

Latest posts