question about the Escape hybrids because I don't pay attention sometimes

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lauren, we own an Escape Hybrid 4X4. My wife drives it 37 miles one way to work every day. She has been getting 31MPG. She is very happy with it, but this works well because of the stop and go traffic. If she were to do highway speeds all the time, there would be no benefit. It doesn't have all the bells and whistles that our Land Cruiser had but pretty good with the Nav. system and all. That LC did guzzle gas. We got the 4X4 because of our winters too, we'll see how it works soon! I didn't read all the other posts, but I hope this helps a little. Gary D. in CT:D

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
Caymen!

I think people might mistake it for a Grand Prix for about .02 seconds, until I revved it up and left their little mustang/camaro/ricer in the smoke of my 18" tires! It really doesn't look much like a grand prix, it's considerably smaller. I really am not SUPER fond of the syling of the new GTO. It almost looks like a foreign economy car. That works though, since people won't think you've got much under the hood. People make that mistake a lot with my sport trac too. ;)

I love the cars that really don't LOOK fast, but will blow your doors off if given the opportunity. The GTO is almost the perfect example of that.

baron_iv,

We use to call them "sleepers" back, many moons ago, when I was in high school!

And, yes, they are so cool!!!

And Caymen,

I just bought a new battery for my cellphone Tuesday.

I'm estimating that the battery is 2 inches by 3 inches, maybe, and weighed

all of 2 ounces.

The plastic package that it came in was probably 10 inches by 15 inches,

and I know it weighed more than the battery itself!!!

I could go (way) off on how the oil companies make the product of which plastic

is made, (petroleum), but I won't, since we've all heard enough of that, already!!!

:huh:

I have heard the term "sleepers". I didn't use it because I figured the younger members might think it meant a car that not only looked slow, but also ran slow. haha. But yeah, a sleeper is precisely what I want. The 'trac is a pretty good example of that with the supercharger. If I could bolt a supercharger onto a GTO, I'd probably have something more than sleeper. ;)

baron,

I used to be the proud owner of a 1970 Ford Maverick with a 302 Boss Engine

out of a 1970 Mustang.

You want to talk about "sleepin'"!

Unfortunately, the Michigan winters were harsh on the old Fords, with all of

the salt, and all, and the uni-body and the left shock tower finally gave way

to gravity and the rust (and the torque of the "Boss"!)

And, by the way...It was, what I called the "Granny Green" paint, if you

know which color I am referring to?!

That helped the "sleepin'" part just a little bit!

I guess now if I would have had a website for her, it would be:

quickandugly/boss302/sleeper.com!!!:cool:

Yeah, I know the color. I'm pretty sure that would be the last color I'd choose for a car too. ;)

I've been surprised several times in my life by those sleepers. I used to get raced by a LOT of cars when I had my trans ams. I had a bright yellow 1994 and a bright orange 1976. Anytime I pulled up at a stoplight, the little kids would point, the "big" kids would stare and rev their engine like they wanted to race. The cars that looked fast rarely beat me. Every now and then I'd pull up next to something that I thought was "ugly". I could hear the rumble of the engine and that should have been enough to warn me not to taunt the guy (or girl) behind the wheel...but being a kid with a fast car, I thought I was bulletproof. More than once, those sleepers made my trans ams look kinda bad. I guess that's how I gained my respect for the sleeper. A fast truck has always impressed me a bit more than a fast car, I guess because I don't see as many of 'em. I got spanked by a couple of 60s model chevys and fords though. There are truly some spectacular sleeper trucks out there as well.

You've got to check out this website on car names!

I came across it when I was looking for the proper Ford name for the

"Granny Green"!

May be off of this topic, but funny, none the less!!!:D

And my most (least) favorite of all car names in the history of car names,

wherever a car was given a name! (along with the joke);

When I came home and told my wife that I had (a Kia) Sephia, she immediately

filed for divorce!

C'mon, now...

What was Kim-Jung thinkin' when he gave a car a name like that to sell

in the 'States?!?!?!?!?!

Do some research, people-san!:D

Actually, I think the Maverick color was Mason-Dixon Lime.

I had a 1977 Maverick with a 250 ci I6.

Tom

hehe, sorry I kinda hijacked your thread. Hopefully you got the information you needed before we got started with this other stuff. :)

eh-I don't care-you men love tangents lol-I just stopped reading most of them...all I needed to know for my boyfriend was wether or not he could get the hybrid in 4x4...my question was answered. as usual-I got what I needed.

Thanks!

Women ALWAYS get their way! Men can't use sex appeal to get stuff from women because women just don't care...they can get it from ANYWHERE. It's just not FAIR!