Question for those with Sirius or XM Satellite

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just bought a roady2 with car kit for $25 yesterday from ebay,, shipped to my door. Now it's time to dump my skyfi unit. XM is cool...

I got Sirius, and had the antenna on the dash until I got my lazy streak out to actucally mount it properly. There were alot of drop out on the front dash, and it was quite annoying. Once I put it on the roof, it works wonderfully.

To all you Stern fans...I have a friend who has Sirius radio and he says that with Stern coming over that there won't be as many subscibers because of the costs and that got me thinking that it really isn't right that Stern can do that...

Tell em Robin.

i'm thinking of going with an in-dash 8 track player...forgot all of this high-tech stuff....go old school

click...click...click...and then the sound of tape crunching in the dash.

No I sure don't miss those 8-tracks! My first car had one...I guess it was better than nothing. :huh:

[Broken External Image]:

Late 60s and early 70s sports sedans ROCK. I had a 73 Nova SS with Fastback. It was my favorite car of all, but maybe because of all that back seat action I got. (family site, I know).

TJR

I thik it is a '75, '76, or '77. My 1977 Maverick went 200,000. Gotta love the junk American cars.

Tom

I have XM in my truck. I used to have the Antenna mounted back by the Rear Brakelight and it leaked and I was very unhappy with that... So I tryed it sitting inside the vehicle on the dash and it worked but it was questionable as worked better facing certain directions...

So now I have mounted it right in front of the Sunroof and run the wire along the windshield udner the finishing strip...

This has worked best. No issues with dropped Signal and LEAK FREE!

hoooo hooo hooo Tell'em Fred.

I have had the VIRUS since they were back on WNEW and my TRAC sports the WOW sticker in the back window!

Cheers

Whit

It's a 1973 Maverick. My first and favorite car until I bought the Trac. Dad and I did the body work (took about 50 lbs of Bondo to fill in all of the rust holes) and I had it painted by a local shop. Originally, it was green with a peeling, green vinyl top. I wish I had a better picture of it. :(

Wonder what the customer churn is on XM and Sirius? I had XM for about a year. After the new wore off, I found myself only listening regularly to 2-3 stations, and felt for the what the monthly charge was it wasn't worth paying for. Been without XM for over a year now, haven't missed it a bit.

I never listen to local idiot DJ's either (except during storm season)... got this new-fangled thing called a 6 disc CD changer :)

Latest posts