Question for Todd Z

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Todd you seem to be one of the most knowledgable people here on the site. Here is my problem. I ordered a flowmaster Delta series 40 muffler for my vehicle. 2.5 inlet, (2) 2.5 outlets. I told them to downsize the outlets to 2.25. I know the outlets were reduced as I saw this during a visual inspection during installation. When I got home I was looking over my invoice and the part number that is listed is 430402 which is the orignal flowmaster with a 3 in inlet. I have not had time to get under the car to look, at the muffler for the part number. My question is will a 3 in inlet hurt my Sport trac? As I said I know the outlets were downsized. Sounded really load on the way home from the shop but the really does not bother me. Just want to make sure that if this is the case I wont damage any engine parts. Your help here would be appreciate, as well as anyone elses with some knowledge in this area.

hyjack you will be fine, even if the muffler shop adapted down to meet the 2.25 factory pipe.

The pressure in the system will balance out, the only thing is it may have a little more droan inside the truck than expected.

Todd Z

Thanks Todd: I am going to still get underneath the car tommorrow to check out the part number. Then I am going to have to decide if I should take it back and have them put on the one that I ordered. Same price I think for both units, but the orginal is much loader. Like I stated the noise does not bother me but I think it will during any family outings or if I dare let the wife drive my Trac. Will see. Thanks again.:)