questions about xcal2

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dallas Starr

Reaction score
I sent these same questions into waynes website last thursday and have yet to get a reply, so I figured the people on here probably know just as much.

What all info am I going to have to gather for the xcal2? where do I find all this info (computer code or whatever I need)

I remember someone saying something about getting the rotation speed or something for my tried so the xcal will calibrate my speedo properly. What is it I need to send over?

Also, I would like to get a towing, gas milage and performance tune (all 87 octane) is this possible?

I also have a flowmaster delta 40 single in dual out waiting to be installed, is there any info I should be passing along to WFOY before I order.

Thanks for any help

Dallas

Hey Dallas,

On the firewall, passenger side in the engine compartment where the computer is located. There should be a 4 digit code on the right side of the label reading something like JXV4

You will have to send him your tire size so he can calibrate the unit to correct your speedo.

I think you can get 3 tunes at most.. you get 2 with the price listed plus the stock tune. I'm sure you can add 1 more tune to that unit but at a cost.

Let him know all the mods u have.. intake, exhaust... etc.

The other info needed is axle ratio, auto/std trans, model year.

I got the 87 and 93 octane tunes on mine and I love it..

You will need the computer code. Located under the hood on the passenger side on top of the computer.

[Broken External Image]:

NEXT:

The three tunes is completely achievable, there is no issue there.

Pass along ANY performance mods you have or are going to do in th near future. This will help him calculate the tune properly...

ALSO let him know of any issues you may have, rough idle, tranny flair etc.

As far as the speedo goes, you need to know the revs per mile of your tires you have changed to. You can get that from the tire manufacturers web site..

Todd Z

thanks alot. He missed out on a sale last week from not getting back to me... maybe this week.. we'll see...

I just found out im going to cancun in a month (just found out this past weekend) so i might save my money.

D,

Last week wayne had a death in the family, So I am sure he was backlogged with work and other BS that was not his fault.

He did post on the site about that and asked everyone to be patient..

Todd Z

understandable then. Im sorry and my condolences go out to him. I'll put off for a few weeks then so he can catch up on more important business...