quick lighting questions 2005 ST

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Endrizzi

Reaction score
two questions about things that annoy me about my ST..

1- Is there a way to turn off the running lights with the engine on? There are times when you just want to idle or listen to the radio in complete darkness. My old truck just required to have the ebrake 1 or 2 clicks on.

2- the automatic 30 seconds that the interior lights come on when the engine turns off.. can it be turned off???

thanks

I think I remember reading how to turn off the automatic lights in the owners manual for my 04, would think you could do it also.

Running lights are stock on built for Canada 05 STs. I think kits are available for US trucks.

Sorry, Mike, don't don't know the answer about turning them off.

I havent found a way to eliminate the auto interior lights on my '04. The only way is to roll the dome rocker....PITA. I dont always want domelights at night...PITA

This is the first truck, or car for that matter, which did not have a switch on the side of the dome to turn the lights off. Maybe there are other trucks out there like the ST with no ability to turn it off, but I have never owned one...

Don't know about the interior lights but the headlights you can pull a fuse...I did it with my 05

I think if you turn the key on, or step on the brake the interior light will go Right out...

I know i was able to do something easy on my 03 and 04....

I will see but give it a try....

As for the DRL, you could find the relay and install a switch in the trigger wire.....

Todd Z

Todd Z

For running day light, just remove the relay! It work on my 99 cougar, should be the same on the trac (but not sure). They add this relay on canadian car to have running daylight.

Unfortunately I don't know witch one it is but you should have it in your user manual!

GL

thanks for all the responses. I would find and remove the relay as long as it doesnt disable my automatic headlights???...

maybe i should install a switch.

didnt even realize about the brake thing about the interior lights...

Latest posts