Race! 01 ST vs 87 BMW 535is

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris Joyce

Reaction score
Who would win in a race? My 01 ST 4x4 stock with 50k or my friends 87 BMW 535is stock with 200k. BMW 535is has 185hp stock, 01 ST has 205hp. What do you guys think?

BMW.

I think that car uses an inline motor, which are torque demons. Not to mention the BMW weighs quite a bit less and has a distinct areo advantage.

i would lean towards the trac, i beat my girl friend's 2000 honda accord coupe 3.0 with 200 hp and i would bet that it weights alot less than a 87 bmw. plus even if it does beat you im sure you have it in every other catergory, towing, 4x4, looks, reliabilty, repair costs

AndyG,

From what I've been able to dig up, the 535 weighs about 3700 lbs, so figure about 4000 lbs with driver, fluids, and options, still a bit less then the 4500 lbs ST. Given just the weights, if the HP level was the same, the 535 would be half a second quicker. The '87 is smaller then the current 5-series, lacks many of the electronic (heavy) goodies of later models, and doens't have a full steel frame to boot. I'd still bet on the Bimmer.

I'll bet on the ST, depending on what gears you have. Many members here underestimate the power of the ST, and even if you win, they will call you a liar and want proof, like a video or time slip or something, and then they still might not believe you, so be prepared for that.

Jeff C, I believe ya :) You too Larry :)

now for my vote... BMW would win. but hey try it *but only if you are both safe*

anything is possible.