Race! 01 ST vs 87 BMW 535is

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I raced a fairly new Honda Civic hatchback once. Actually it wasn't really a complete race...But I was just crusing along and this red and black Civic is zipping around, changing lanes a lot and getting on my nerves with this annoyingly loud exhaust. At the next stoplight he was revving his little engine and looking at me, so I burned him..just long enough to show him what the ol' ST had.

Average 4wd st with normal accessories and driver is about 4800 lbs... My st is 5100 lbs.. Don't know what the Bmw is but i would say the Bmw may win...

Only one way to tell!!!!! LINE THEM UP!!!!

Todd Z

I will line'em up!! I will try to get video of it too. My friend has to fix his muffler first he says. It sounds like its going to blow up now!! We should race in a week or so...

If the BMW has anywhere near it's original compression and the engine is in a decent state of tune, he should blow your doors off after the first 100 feet. You might take him off the line but that's about all.

It all has to do with the HP to Weight ratio. Your ST has more HP, but weights about 4300 lbs. That's about 20-21 lbs per HP. If the BMW weights less than about 3700 lbs ( and I suspect that it does) and it's still putting out 185 HP, he will easily kick your but.

...Rich