Radar & Laser Countermeasure Systems: Unit Placement?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Let me be the first to enter the pool. $20 says you get your first ticket 6 days after you install all that crap.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have not gotten a ticket for speeding in 15 years. Been pulled over maybe 4 times in 15 years. The most recent was by an unmarked city cop last week. He wanted to to know what my truck was and said it was really cool.

Just because I have countermeasures doesn't mean I'm going to drive different or more

Aggressively than I do now.

Just like how I have a supercharger but I don't go WOT everytime I GT behind the wheel.

Maybe a lot of people get cocky with radar detectors and speed more and get caught. Just like a lot of people are lulled into a false sense of security with a 4wd truck during winter driving.

So what if the Laser Jammer sets off your Radar Detector??...as long as it jammed the laser signal it did it's job.

Personally, I would not invest money in Radar or Laser Jammers. They are illegal in many states and cops can tell when their equipment is being jammed. Now you get a bigger ticket and get your equipment confiscated.

I have a Radar/Laser detector that works fine for the speeds that I drive. I may exceed the speed limit, but only by a few miles per hour. Here in Texas it's rare that a cop will ever stop you if you do not exceed the speed limit by more than 10% (Except for School zones and Construction zones because the fines are much higher)

One of the issues I have with the last few tickets I got were right after the speed limit dropped from like 70 to 60 and you did not see the reduced speed sign because your view was blocked by a larger vehicle, like a truck. Some roads are a set up for a speed trap because they have few speed limit signs and if you miss one reduce speed sign they can easily nail you.

One of the nice features that I have on my Tom Tom GPS is that they can show you the current speed limit as well as your speed on most roads. They can be set to trigger an alert if you exceed the posted speed by more than 2 mph. Also, most Texas highways are starting to put Reduce Speed signs on both sides of the road so you are less likely to miss one or have larger vehicles block your view.

That has always been my pet-peive. If it's such a safety issue to reduce your speed, why don't they put up enough signs or warnings so that you cannot miss seeing the new reduced speed limit. And when I see cops set up a speed trap right after the reduce speed sign, it tells me that it's not a safety issue but simply a source of revenue. The state of Texas is putting up more reduce speed signs to make it less profitable for the cities and local cops to set up speed traps on state controlled highways for increased revenue.

...Rich

Latest posts