Radiator change

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oknopa

Supporting Member
Reaction score
What engine do you have?
V6 engine
What year is your Sport Trac?
What Generation is your Sport Trac?
1st Gen Owner
That linked 3Row AllAluminum Radiator looks right,
but the Amazon listing does not note the Core dimensions, only the overall dimensions.
Try contacting the Vendor to confirm before buying; I'd find another vendor with better dimensions listed.
Some vendor listings are more complete\descriptive than others.
Those pics show the Drain WITHOUT a petcock; not good; should be a Brass PetCock there.
May need a larger SAEA RadiatorCap; may also need to modify TransCooler compression fittings.
Your radiator should be same as whats in my 2001 SportTracJob2;
click here for more info.

2001.Ford_Cool.Rad~.0DXa.GIF

Last edited:
For Coolant system, if
Hoses+Clamps+HeatValve+Pump+Fan+FanClutch+BeltTensioner are 10yrs\100kMiles+ old,
ThermoStat + RadCap + SerpBelt are 3yrs\33Miles+ old,
consider changing those while radiator is out & system is drained.
If your ST was factory fitted with a 5/16"ID PCVValve Warming loop & associated fittings
(runs parallel with Heater loop), I'd abandon\delete that useless item while doing above items & replace those custom factory Heater hoses with store stock 5/8"ID hose.

That linked 3Row AllAluminum Radiator looks right,
but the Amazon listing does not note the Core dimensions, only the overall dimensions.
Try contacting the Vendor to confirm before buying; I'd find another vendor with better dimensions listed.
Some vendor listings are more complete\descriptive than others.
Those pics show the Drain WITHOUT a petcock; not good; should be a Brass PetCock there.
May need a larger SAEA RadiatorCap; may also need to modify TransCooler compression fittings.
Your radiator should be same as whats in my 2001 SportTracJob2;
click here for more info.

View attachment 3820
Thank you, I will check it out..

Latest posts