radiator fan clutch

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Graham Ritter

Reaction score
i was just going to let other members know, my radiator fan was going full blast for about 2 weeks when i had my truck running, i was getting crap mileage and power seemed a little down, so i took it to the shop and they said my fan clutch had gone out, so we replaced it and it fixed the problem perfectly, so if anyone else is having a problem like this, just letting you know what the problem is... and another way to diagnose this problem is when you have your truck turned off, you should be able to spin the fan freely, but with the clutch locked up the fan wont spin...

Hmm. Thanks for the info. I think mine is going to take a crap pretty soon as well. It is making weird noises when it is spinning and the fan isnt spinning straight. But that is because I didnt replaced the clutch after the accident. And I kind of knew that it was slightly damaged, just didnt feel like replacing it. Now, I think im going to replace in the upcoming month.

Because my mileage has been down too, but we will see.

Thanks for the info,

George T.