Radio Bezel

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Mazz

Reaction score
I know I am not the only one for this was discussed several weeks ago, but my radio bezel is peeling in my '03 ST. Has anyone takin it off, sanded it, then painted it? If so, what suggestion do you have for the project itself and or the type of paint to use. I have searched projects and cannot find anything regarding it. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

If you are still covered under warranty, the dealer will replace it with one that will not peal. I have first hand experience.

If not, paint it yourself. I have completely customized my 04 Cobra interior by repainting.

Remove the pealing finish with laqueur thinner, sand with a fine paper (160 grit or finer), wash with soap and water, let dry, spray with a Duplicolor shaker can color of your choice. Give it two or three coats and finish with 2 coats of Duplicolor clear.

David <><

I used duplicolor, be sure to sand very good, because there is thick paint and it will start to orange peel again with other paint on it.

[Broken External Image]:

Boodro

sand, clean off, 2 coats of primer, 3 coats of paint, 2 coats of clear is what I did. All duplicolor. Painted to match ST (silver frost)

[Broken External Image]:

Anyone know the Duplicolor match for the darker silver in the interior handles and bezel? I need to do the door handles.

Thanks. I have a couple and will just go with whichever is the the closest.

Paul, remove the radio and the two screws on the lower part of the radio area (they are above the AC controls) then just pull the bezel out (it snaps into the dash). Remove the buttons, and switches attached (you'll need a philips screw driver for some of the switches) and there you have it. Installation is just a reversal of the steps.

Edit: the AC vents are clip on to the bezel, once you remove the beze just lift the plastic taps around the AC vents to remove the vents from the bezel.

Last edited by a moderator: