Rant

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carlos Reyes

Reaction score
As a soldier I get annoyed alot of times by the views and comments some people have on this government. The way they speak about the President, the way they can trash talk Congress and Senate.

It's not like Bush walked into the White House one day and said "Hey I think Im gonna take over", he was voted it my the majority, not even just once, but twice. But if you ask people what they think "ohh that f'ing retard", but who's worse, the guy doing the job or the ones that voted him into office for two terms?

During this 4th of July I would like people to think about the original signers of the Declaration of Independance. How many of them ended up destitue, hunted and poor as the British took all their worldly possessions, money and tried to kill many of their famalies. How they went on record and said "hey screw you guys we are free" and compare those men to the figure heads we elect into office today. Those were men who would give all to create and keep this country. What we have now is back handed snakes who give multi biollion dollar contracts to the college buddies companies with no limitations who steal from all of our wallets.

Case in point: Iraq for Sale (Documentary)

if you have not seen this movie....watch it.

Don't go on a rant and say its some liberal production because its true.

KBR: Overcharging the government tax payers 1.5 billion dollars in misappropriated funds., yet not one of them goes to jail.

When we finally seen a KBR worker after 8 months they were some Pakistani workers getting paid like 3 dollars a day, but KBR would charge a tax payer nearly 60 dollars for each meal they gave a soldier, and for laundry 99 dollars.

I could probably go on and on about that movie but I will leave that one alone.

Ok for those who say "The Iraq war was a war for oil"

All I have to say is this, are you retarded. You obviously have not been to Iraq. The gas lines in Iraq can take 8 hours and selling gas on the Black Market is a daily occurance. The U.S. shipped fuel into Iraq to keep their economy moving. Alot of trucks would leave daily from the Bagdad International Airport hauling fuel as well as coming up from Quatar. We did not go there for oil. Hell they cant even refine oil there.

For those who publicly bash their government and protest.

You look like idiots, you fellow Americans voted them into office. There was no magical takeover. Look back to the 50's and how the Presidential office was revered, now you cant turn on the television without some 3rd rate pencil pushing big mouth talk show host with little to no responsibility talking trash. if your biggest decision for the day is which 'power tie' your going to wear to work today, you should never trash talk a government office. Their choices will NEVER make everybody happy, their purpose is to keep the majority happy not you specificly.

Gas

The oil your paying this high price for now. Isnt even the oil that those big companies say they are paying inflated prices for. You wont even see that oil till probably 2015 or 2020. They use their reserve, yes that same gas that been sitting in storage back when gas was like $1.10 a gallon.

Government Contractors Overseas or Anywhere

Be lery of these guys. Majority like BlackWater, Halliburton, KBR they are nothing but buddy buddy War Profiteers and should be dragged out and Lynched in the streets. I fail to see how the people who run these companies and the people in government that granted them No Contest Contract

i am not against the act of us going to war but the lack

of a plan that seemed to have been put into it. i know you can never fully plan for a war

but i think that there could have been some things done differently. But on the other hand there has not been another terrorist attack like 9/11 since 9/11. So i believe personally Bush

is not the best President but for all the complainers. WE ARE STILL FREE.

CLos619, I apreciate things you said in your rant. I dont blame Bush for screwups. I blame our indicisive congress(two faced, both parties). Also the I blame the supreme court for steping out bounds of their role. There lies the problems in our society. Almost the fall of the roman empire all over again.:angry:

CLos619, first, thank you for serving our country, second, though I don't disagree with all that you said and while some things are debatable, I must pipe in on one error. To say that Bush was voted in by the majority is an inaccurate statement, in 2000 Al Gore actually won the popular vote by over 500,000 votes. An election where the person with the lower number of votes winning had only happened 3 other times, and those were all in the 1800's. Personally, I am against the Electoral College for this very reason.

Anyhow, Bush was not the man chosen by the "common" people of this country.

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn I messed up on alot of spelling but this keyboard isn't exactly the best when typing fast. -LOL-

Todd time to get spell check installed on this site forum :p

Be lery of these guys. Majority like BlackWater, Halliburton, KBR they are nothing but buddy buddy War Profiteers and should be dragged out and Lynched in the streets.

This has already been done. Remember the Blackwater Operators who were killed by savages in Iraq, only to have their corpses burned, dragged through the streets, and ultimated hung up on display from a bridge? So are you saying that they deserved this treatment? Most, if not all of those types of contractors are former Special Operators, who served right alongside soldiers like you on the battlefield in Iraq and Afghanistan. They simply made the choice to move on to a better career opportunity when it arose.

Even as civilians, they were still putting their lives on the line, just like any uniformed service member, so I really think that to suggest they be "dragged out and lynched in the streets" is a little uncalled for.

How about contractor Nick Berg? Did he deserve to be brutally decapitated on video and have that posted on the internet for the whole world to see? Again, I don't think so.

so I really think that to suggest they be "dragged out and lynched in the streets" is a little uncalled for.

I'm leaning towards he used it as a figure of speech, albeit a harsh one. He wasn't advocating actual brutality, but rather condemnation for war profiteering, nepotism and poor execution of duties (i.e., those cases that make the media reports).

wc who do you mean the "Common" people?

I'm pretty common, middle class average house, 2.5 kids if you count the dog?

Bush and the red states won twice, upheld by the courts,

even with all those military votes that were discarded.

Did any service member pitch a fit and claim they were

"disenfranchised" no! They has more class than that,

If the popular vote was counted again, hanging chads or no hanging chad

(no offense to anyone named Chad)

Bush would probably has the popular vote as well.

but the Democratic legal team was dispatched to Florida

to first throw out all the military absentee votes, then

quibble over these paper ballots.

Now thanks to the Liberals whinners, we have all these

over priced electronic machines that can be programmed

without accountability. Remember...Most of all the voter fraud happens

in favor of the Democrats, look into the 1964 election of LBJ.

What a piece of work he was...then Clinton...Not to say I'm totally in favor

of the republicans of late, but look at this country since the 2006 elections.

We have gone to crap, $4.00 gas, $6.00 milk , everything is going up!

except for the F-150 and employee pricing...but does that include any gas rebates?!?

I rant!

America land of the free and home of the freeloaders!

budfromballground, I meant "common" as in everyone is this country who is not a member of the Electoral College. I mean "common" because in the grand scheme of things, our vote doesn't count. A member of the Electoral College can and has gone against his pledged vote, though some states have laws against it, not every state does. As I stated before, in 2000 and three other times in history, the person with the most votes, lost! It is a fact know matter how you swing it.

The way they speak about the President, the way they can trash talk Congress and Senate.

We got every right to talk about the government as we see fit. If you don;t like that, move somewhere that only allows positive speak about the government.

Be lery of these guys. Majority like BlackWater, Halliburton, KBR they are nothing but buddy buddy War Profiteers and should be dragged out and Lynched in the streets. I fail to see how the people who run these companies and the people in government that granted them No Contest Contractual jobs are not executed as war profiteers or at least charged with some White Collar crime for stealing all this money from the taxpayers pockets. But you cant blame it on the President for them getting the jobs, it wasnt his place, it was senators in congress that approved these contracts. Your President will never see them.

I recall someone in DC that was the former CEO of Haliburton and somehow Haliburton gets no bid contracts to rebuild Iraq.

I smell fish and not quite sure where it is coming from.

Who Will You Vote For?

Obama?

The once Muslim now reborn Christian. Better think twice about that one. The problem is he says he WAS a Muslim. There is no denouncing that religion in the eyes of a true believer. If you think we had problems with insurgency before wait until you elect a man who denounces their faith for another.

So, what you are saying that ANYONE that was born one faith and determined that the faith thier parents led them into was not the right faith and if they change thier faith, that means they are not to be trusted? If your parents changed faith from one faith to another and then led you, as a child, into the new faith they have, are you not to be trusted if you do not join the fiath you should have been led to or would that make you someone somebody you should not trust...twice?

I am just trying to follow your logic here.

Tom

budfromballground, is that Ball Ground, GA??? The state that elected the first republican governor a few years ago in over 100 years. The same republican governor who does rain dances on the state house steps? Actually, I'll try about anything right now for rain as well:(!

I recall someone in DC that was the former CEO of Haliburton and somehow Haliburton gets no bid contracts to rebuild Iraq.

I smell fish and not quite sure where it is coming from.

Newsflash, Tom: Halliburton was being awarded exclusive contracts with the Federal gov't during the Clinton administration, too. So I really don't think it has anything to do with VP Cheney. They just happen to be good at what they do, and just about the only company that can meet the requirements of the contracts.

I agree with your secondary response, though. And besides, the whole myth that Barack Obama is a Muslim converted to Christianity is BS. His Muslim father deserted him when he was two years old, and he was raised by his (white, non-Muslim) mother until he was 10, at which point he went to Hawaii to live with his maternal (white, non-Muslim) grandparents until graduation.

the whole myth that Barack Obama is a Muslim converted to Christianity is BS. His Muslim father deserted him when he was two years old, and he was raised by his white mother until he was 10, at which point he went to Hawaii to live with his maternal (white, non-Muslim) granparents until graduation.

Soundls like a Muslim plant to me. :rolleyes:

Honestly, I would vote for the candidate that is the least religious because I don't want a leader making decisions based on his religious beliefs. Hell, thats what's wrong with the whole mid-east to begin with. They can't seperate politics from their own stupid religion.

Here is a thought to ponder, which I have asked of many people: if religion didn't exist, would we have war? Or many of the wars throughout history that is? Hmmmmm?

Clarification on things.

When I was speaking about contractors, people automatically jump to BlackWater as the sole contractors.

I was speaking in terms of their bosses.

Their BlackWater bosses sold those guys down that river...those who were lynched were ill equiped and unprepared, did not even have a map of where they were going nevermind an armored vehicles.

One of them was prior SF, the other was a Navy Seal, I do not recall what the other two were however.

I know plenty of operators TrainTrac, Im stationed at Ft.lewis WA and assigned to 1st Special Forces Group, 2nd Battalion, Alpha Company Operational Detatchment Bravo-1210

Most operators wouldnt actualy join BlackWater, they would prefer Tripple Canopy, Executive Outcomes, Pathfinder, and a multitude of others.

BlackWater started out elite and got sloppy as they needed quantity not quality to fill their contracts.

Caymen what is the purpose of electing someone then sh!+ing on them? It was a reference of how things use to be compared to now. How people are so quick to start judging and pointing fingers. How television shows will criticise every decision a individual makes just for ratings.

The Haliburton comment. Thats the equivalant of Insider Trading in my opinion, some people say Haliburton was the only company that could have accomplished that contract. I think it would have been better to seperate it into multiple contracts and disperse amoung smaller companies, but the same issues has been raised witht he rebuilding of New Orleans if im correct?

The Faith comment. No where in there did I state do not trust him. I states be prepared for weather worse storms. In a Muslims eyes there is no denoucing their faith, the only way to not be a muslim is to die, as they executed many in Afganistan for being reborn Christians. I am neither one faither nor another. Faiths these days tend to bring alot more hate amoungst other people that good for some reason.

Really all I am saying is that many countries that will not associate with us due to President Bush or some other reason may be more prone to violence or public outcry once you vote a individual who has denounced their faith. But I am thinking about international relations not so much as home soil.

Sorry, trying to get the text with the photo. Ill be back...

Latest posts