rattle behind glove box

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

H C

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I have developed a rattle in my '04 ST recently. I notice it when I press on the accelerator, and it doesn't really seem to matter, what speed/RPM. At first I thought it was in my glovebox, but that's not the case. It is getting annoying, so I was hoping that maybe someone here had a suggestion, or had a similar issue they had fixed.

Thanks!

open the glove box, squeeze the sides and pull towards you to access behind it. Pull out whatever fell back there.

Pull everything else out of the box and drive around. Keep the box clean and there should be no rattles.

I pulled the glovebox out. There was nothing stuck behind it. However, that's where it sounds like the rattle is coming from..behind the glovebox, that is. Maybe something in the engine bay? Is that possible?

Last edited by a moderator:
I would have sworn you'd find something in there.

I also had the OEM sway bar end links break and sound like a rattle up there. You should have a long stud that goes through the sway bar and lower control arm, on each side.

If they're not there, replace with MOOG or AutoZone end links.

Some times the computer was known for making the noise....

Under the hood on the passenger side is the computer...

Have some one wiggle it while you sit in the truck...

ALSO check if any items are rubbing the firewall under the hood in that area..

I had a washer hose coupler rubbing the firewall made a heck of a squeak..

Todd Z

[Broken External Image]: