Razor cell phone

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jason R

Reaction score
Does anyone have one of these phones? Do you like it? what all functions does it have? I am thinking of buying one. Any help would be great.

Have you seen them in person? I went and saw them, and it's not much smaller than my motorolla; it's electroluminiscent keypad, is a backlit piece of thin metal...false advertising if you ask me.

I think they look pretty cool. I talked to someone who has one and she said she loves it. They are coming out in black soon she told me.

i am rough on my phones....i drop them, i use it at work.....the Razor wouldnt hold up. I would take my Motorola v400 anyday over the Razor. Very flimsy, and weak if you ask me, way overpriced

I've got one. I love it! It's a little quiet in the earpiece, but I usually use speakerphone and I plan on getting a bluetooth headset for it. The only agrivating issue I have with it is that the keypad doesn't always like to light up, but I think my battery is messed up. I'm still happy with it, though. Most of the phone's outer construction is lightweight metal, probably aluminum, and the keypad is nickel plated copper. As far as functions, it is quad-band GSM, which means I can use it from almost anywhere in the world (I actually used it in Qutar on my way to Iraq) I can't use it in Iraq however, since I can't register into the local cell net. It can browse on the internet, and I can check yahoo email with it, and it also does AOL instant messenger, as well as text messaging. It also plays movies, but doesn't record them. The camera is a VGA with 4x digital zoom. To see the picture quality, check out my library and look at my 100,000 mile odometer picture, it was taken with my V3. You can mix your own ringtones, or download your own into the phone as either .midi or .mp3 format. (I would suggest getting the computer link cable and program to do that, I will when I get back) The phone book can store separate ringtones and pictures for differant callers, so if you set it up, one person calls, their picture shows up on the screen, and their own ringtone rings. It also does voice dial.

I do try to be very careful with my phone, although I have dropped it in the parking lot twice now (which is probably why my keypad light is so stubborn).

Last edited by a moderator:
Well folks let me say this, I work for Cingular and I love the phone, especially the new black Razr. I have heard a few complaints about the keypad backlight, but the phone is covered under warranty and cingular will replace it free of charge, just call 800-801-1101. In the cingular phone lineup there are several that are great phones, but personally my favorite is the Sony Ericsson s710a. I carry this phone. It has a 1.3 mp camera, mp3 player, bluetooth, and also takes the memory stick duo for expanded storage. Best part. right now its the same price as the razr... if anyone has anyquestions about cingular or their phones, feel free to email me..

I have a Siemens C61 phone through Cingular.

Why that phone?

It was the only one that was not a flip phone, did not have a camera, and is not a Nokia. Three things I need in a phone. No flip phone because I break them. No camera because I am not allowed to have one. Not a Nokia because they break after three months of use.

Tom

I just signed up with Cingular in March or so. My wife and I both got the free Motorola V180's, nice features, good size, the outside got scratched easily. However, my wife's overheated about 4 days after we got it. She got a replacement V180, we used them about a month and just had too many dropped calls. The Bars would bounce all over the place while you were just sitting there. We worked with the helpdesk they tried to program it to work properly, nothing would work, they said they wouldn't lock in on the proper tower. This happened with 3 out of 3 V180's we had.

We of course complained, Cingular recommended the Sony Ericsson z500a, we each have one now. It's been about 2 months with the Sony phones and they do (surprisingly enough) seem to work much better. I say I am surprised, because for 4 years my previous company had SPRINT and I went through MANY phones with them, they said the phone would make a difference, it didn't.

I like the size and features of the V180 better, but the Sony works.

Latest posts