Rear cab spoiler installed. Me likes a lot :-)

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks everyone....

Jeff, I hate Chrome on cars/trucks. If I got rims they would be clear coated aluminum.

I was thinking of painting mine any way.

Also on larger rims the tires are expensive, and I don't have to remind you of the way I drive do I ???? :lol:

Todd Z

Todd, I'm talking about the fact that the tires aren't glossy, like the rest of the black on your ST.

Jeff, better???

[Broken External Image]:

I cant photochop for nothing.....

Thanks....

Todd Z

Great Todd.I am going to try to install mine this weekend.I too got mine from bones enterprises off Ebay.120 dollars primed and shipped I will shoot it black on Fri. I am curious about the install instruction by Chops? Is there any way you would/ could make it a project? Perhaps email the directions. I also got the project from Michelle aswell,but the easier the better

Donavan

I cheated with mine, didnt want to drill any holes in the roof so I used 3M body cladding tape to install in to the roof. Its been on now for a year and half with no problems.

When I got mine I could not bring myself to drill holes... so I just took mine to a good body shop to have it painted and installed. It cost me about $180 for paint and install.:D

Donavan,

Follow the instructions as per Michele's project for the layout and making the BOTTOM holes.

When drilling the top holes Only drill them as big as needed to get the screws provided in there..

Find 2 nuts that fit the bolts, I used to alternator top nuts, they have a washer already built in to it...

Install the wing, Then remove the third brake light, take off the bulbs and set aside..

Using a socket and extension, I found a socket that the proper wrench would fit in top it, taped it together. Then using clear tape I taped the nut into the wrench.. Simply look into the hole you drilled and slide the wrench into position, then screw in the screw. Done..

Hope this helps.. I unfortunately did not take any pics, So a project can not be done unless some one else wants me to install theires...

Todd Z

tz, looks good. sorry i didn't get back to you last nite, but as you know my life has changed !:D

like the black look, btw, you don't like chrome !! :(

now i'm going to take back the tire spray i was going to give you for christmas! :angry:

Last edited by a moderator:
Gary, thats it, Time to Paint the road in front of your house again !!!!>....HAHAHAH

Chet, LOL... I could But would need to bring all the tools....

Todd Z

Todd,

have you considered painting the bed rails and tonneau the nice shiney black to match? Project please. Can you tell I'm looking for a guinea pig? :p

grump

Grump That could be done, BUT I do use the bed and I do scratch the side rails, SO painting them for me is out of the question....

It should work the same as painting the cladding...

Todd Z

Latest posts