Rear door window not working

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J. Olenko

Reaction score
The passenger side rear door window is not working. It was working fine, then all of a sudden it doesn't work. It doesn't work when either the window switch at the door or at the switch that the driver would use to lower the window. So I don't suspect it's a switch, but I could be wrong. The window is stuck up and won't go down. I know if could be many things, but where should I start first? Would be the easiest thing to check first and so on?

This was a somewhat common issue on the earlier Tracs.

Open and close the door fairly hard while holding the master switch in the down position and see what happens.

Most issues were a defective motor or a connection issue at the door.

I had the same issue, at first I took off the window control both at driver and the rear passenger door, check with my meter and it was still good, I then put stuff together, finally without closing the door it started to work. Sometimes a little time and it works or of course slam the door that Coastrejoe stated

With power window motors I just take off the door panel and tap on the motor and it will usually go back up. Keeps the water out and then you know its a bad motor. If it stay put switches or wires are next. Mine always seem to get stuck down a few hours before it is supposed to rain!

Coastlejoe,

Was this an issue with all windows or just the window kewlthing had an issue with? My driver door window quit suddenly and the local Ford dealer want $75 just to look at it.

Thanks

I have a 2002 Sport Trac, and everytime the vehicle has been out in the rain (parked or driven) the rear passenger windows on both sides stop working. It usually takes a few days for what seems enough time to dry out to work again. Any ideas?????

Thanks for your ideas on what I should do.

Latest posts