Rear emblem removal...

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keola P

Reaction score
Been thinking of doing something "custom" to the emblems for a while now and I'm sure someone here has removed the rear Ford tailgate emblem. Can someone enlighten me on how I go about doing this? I've got the front covered, just need advice on the rear.

It seems the only way to do it is to tear off the lower tailgate trim and remove the emblem from the rear. Seems pretty drastic for such a minor task.

Thanks in advance, Keola.

I believe it is held in place with double stick tape. If that is the case, use HEAVY fish string and cut through the tape. Once removed, then you just have to work with the adhesive stick to the gate.

Checkout this thread... http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=223324&highlight=emblem

Last edited by a moderator:
Dental Floss & Goo Gone.

[Broken External Image]:

It's gentle enough not to mess up the paint.

DON'T USE GOOF OFF!

[Broken External Image]:

I damaged the blue insert peeling it. This is the end result. Not bad for a "mistake".

Ford sells these in chrome at Fordemblem.com for $32/$34 each. Very easy to do yourself.

Heat the rear of the emblem with a hair dryer and peel. Clean with acetone and Q-Tips. (Metal)

Front bolts on. Bond the rear with a thin layer of clear silicone.

[Broken External Image]:[Broken External Image]:

Hey Steve, I just posted the head unit on hawaiicaraudio.net. Awesome online car audio community, locally owned and operated as well.

I'll let you know if I get any nibbles or hookups...

Latest posts