Rear Endlinks Again

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

George T

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Long time not posting, with school and work, its hard to find free time. So about 2 years ago, I replaced the rear sway bar end links. Stupid me, I just replaced them with the OEM Ford ones. So once again, they are squeaking when I go over speed bumps or driving off a curb from my driveway.

I saw the project that Shawn Stonbraker posted, but that seems a lot of work. I was looking online, and I was able to find that Duralast makes them for the Sport Tracs, its is a special order through AutoZone.

Has anybody had any experience with them? Are they going to be the same quality and have the same age expectancy as the Ford ones?

Suggestions?

Thank you so much in advance,

George T.

George- Most here would recommend using the Moog K80085 Problem Solver Kit.

Upgrading to the Moog bushings would be beneficial in terms of durability and quietness.

I would burn them out using propane rather than chiseling, easier albeit messy and smoky.

Amazon has the kit for both sides @ $10.82 w/ Free Super Saver Shipping. (Over $25) GL

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been using the oem rear links on my '04. For 6yrs with the EE swaybar. They are still in excellent shape.

Im sort of aw-struck with so many folks haveing problems with the rear end links. I do know that mine are poly from the factory. But I have heard of other '04 and '05 tracs tearing them up.

Is it off roading or what? My bushings are just as good as day one....Im confussed

swshawaii,

I might consider that. They sell them here at Advance for 11 bucks. Im just considering the Duralast one too. I wish i knew what material they used.

Eddie,

I think its the dusty and muddy roads, and then all the salt and chemicals they put down on the roads in the winter. I think it is just a combination of all of this. I replaced A LOT of suspension parts, it is crazy. And I dont do off roading, unless you consider some backroads with a puddle or two, and just dirt graded roads.

Thanks a lot,

George T.

I think so. It sounds like the same squeak as last time, and after replacing the endlinks, the squeak stopped. But it could them too, since they are in pretty bad shape.

Latest posts