Rear Leaf spring bushings

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnM LowryJr

Reaction score
Just replaced the Shocks on my 04 ST 4x4 with the reflex much better ride. But noticed the rear leaf spring bushing looked wore out. Has any done this repair yet? Tried the local parts house and moog doesn't have part numbers for this, I guess I call ford. Do I have to buy the Leaf springs or just the bushings?:(

I just did a google search and there are MANY companies that do sell the bushings.

I did some reading while I looked and the polypropylene seem to be the way to go.

There were a few companies that had pictures of regular rubber bushings compared to polypropylene under a load and the rubber allowed for lateral (body roll) movement more than the polypropylene option.

Here is a picture from one of the sites...

[Broken External Image]:

I agree go with poly bushings. I have an '04 my bushings look new still. Are they loose or are you just seeing dry rot cracks on the edges?

looks like some of the rubber is coming out. Ford has the rubber for 18.00 for the rear 80.00? something for the front part. I'm finding bushing set on the web but not for the ST's.

Latest posts