Rear window won't go back up (quick answer)

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J. Olenko

Reaction score
My '02 Trac's rear sliding window won't go back. I can hear motor noises like it's working normally but the window will not go up. I have the back portion with the cover all off and it is in pieces and I'm looking at things but I'm not sure what my next move is. Can that rear window be manually raised up? I'm looking to trade my Trac in or sell it outright and get a newer model so it isn't critical that I get the rear window working. I'm in central Canada where it is freakin' freezing right now so working on it in the garage is a real chore. A quick answer/opinion is appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do an archive search on reseting the rear window.

Read this link

http://www.mysporttrac.com/shared/msgboard9e.asp?BOARDNAME=MSG&VIEW=1323444&SUB=1323472&sitename=mysporttrac

Well after reading similar problems and answers from other related posts on this site and not satisfactorily getting an answer, I came to my own answer. It wasn't critical for me to get the window working immediately. However, since it was stuck in the down position I had to get it back in the closed position immediately. I just really needed to know how to manually get the window up. What I found to do was to unbolt the glass from the bracket that would normally mechanically move the glass up or down. I unbolted it and then shoved the rear glass back into the closed position and then stuck two wedges in the top channel just in the corners so the window won't fall down. I hope that will be enough. If not I will stick more or perhaps better wedges in the channel. Since I disassembled everything once I do feel more confident on what do now just in case I do decide to eventually get the motor working correctly.

I think what I did when that happened to me was had someone man the window switch while I lifted it up. Everything still bolted together, just be carefully as I'm sure that window might not be cheap. But reprogramming/reinitializing the window is how I fixed my issue

Latest posts