Rear Window

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Please HELP! I don't know what's wrong with the rear window it won't go down all the way. When I turn the knob it only goes down 1/4 of a way..It stared doing when I changed the OEM radio Thanks in advance..

I beleive in the manual it asks you to hold the button in the UP position for 10-15 seconds or something to reset it

Try that, see what happens ;)

Just out of curiosity, what happens when you push the button to Vent? Changing the head unit probably didn't have any effect on your window unless maybe you accidently disconnected the rear window button wiring and reconnected it wrong - and I can't remember if that's even possible (it's been awhile since I had the radio bezel off).

Otherwise, you might check the window tracks for obstructions. And since the window's up and not down, that might be a pain (I think you might have to remove the back panel :( ).

When I bought my '01, the dash lights didn't work. The reason the dealer gave me was that the radio had been changed out. They changed it out and then I had part-time dash lights. It wasn't until they put in the type radio that the truck had come with (cass-cd combo) that the dash lights worked right.....doug