Received a VERY nice gift from a friend...

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kevin Palmer

Reaction score
When I retired from the service I was not at my unit as I was injured and healing at home.

Soo, I got no official send off or anything to that matter.

A very good friend got all the stuff together pertaining to my military past and then with my assistance over the last two days built this shadow box.

Then spent a pretty good amount of money and their personal time and it means very much to me to see that someone cared enough to do such a nice gesture...

At any rate, just felt the need to share a bit.

The picture does not do the box and awards justice. I could not get the glare of the lights off the glass or polish of the box. But you get the gist of it.

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats Kevin ! Thanks for all you've given. You guys make us all VERY proud.

Beautiful "Shadowbox", am sure you have the perfect place for it.

It's now your turn to enjoy. Just be safe doing it. Aloha, Steve :)

Kevin, that is truly a wonderful gift. I'm sure it holds a lot of memories for you. Congratulations and Thank You for your service. Enjoy your "retirement". ;)

PS: How did you fit all those medals on your uniform?

Bob.

I am missing three medals, need to get them and then figure a way to get them into the box.. LOL

I had a very interesting military career. Got to do duties that you simply could not put a price tag on.

It is weird to look at the ribbon bar as when you wear you medals you do not wear the duplicate ribbons. So we treated the shadowbox the same way.

I have 28 awards with some multiples for those awards. I feel pretty blessed to have the career I had.

Thanks for the comments guys...

Last edited by a moderator:
"You have to go out and try, you don't have to come back"

Thanks for your service. Worked very close with the CG for many years. Never found any member that was not a true professional. Did find a few that didn't like bodies. Always had good food and plenty of coffee at the stations. :banana::banana:

Redfish,

I will agree that most Coasties do have an issue with the "bodies" aspect. I think it is a service you join and don't think that their will be many bodies so to speak...

I did not do the regular CG stuff. I traveled the world and had very unusual opportunities.

Unfortunately, with the work I did I saw my share of bodies, just glad one of them wasn't mine in the end...